A trip from the gurugram to Agra is a popular and delightful journey, offering the opportunity to witness one of India’s most iconic monuments, the Taj Mahal. Here’s a suggested itinerary for your gurugram to Agra trip:
Day 1: Delhi to Agra
- Start your journey early from Gurugram and head towards Agra, which is approximately 210 km away.
- Take the Yamuna Expressway for a smooth and time-efficient drive.
- Arrive in Agra and check into your hotel.
- After some rest, visit the Agra Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage site and a historic Mughal fort with stunning architecture and panoramic views of the Taj Mahal.
- In the evening, visit Mehtab Bagh, a beautiful garden across the Yamuna River from the Taj Mahal, to witness the sunset with a breathtaking view of the Taj Mahal in the backdrop.
- Overnight stay in Agra.
Day 2: Agra Sightseeing and Return to Delhi
- Early morning, head to the Taj Mahal to witness the mesmerizing sunrise over the iconic monument. The Taj Mahal, a symbol of love, is an architectural marvel and a must-visit attraction in India.
- After exploring the Taj Mahal, return to the hotel for breakfast.
- Check out from the hotel and visit Itmad-ud-Daulah’s Tomb, often referred to as the “Baby Taj,” known for its intricate marble work and design.
- If time permits, you can also visit the Tomb of Akbar the Great, located in Sikandra, showcasing a blend of architectural styles.
- After sightseeing, start your journey back to Delhi, concluding your gurugram to Agra trip.
Tips for the Trip:
- Early Start: Start your journey early to avoid traffic and make the most of your time in Agra.
- Tickets and Timings: Check the entry timings and ticket availability for the Taj Mahal and other monuments in advance.
- Comfortable Attire: Wear comfortable footwear and clothing suitable for walking at historical sites.
- Hydration and Sunscreen: Carry water bottles and sunscreen, as the weather in Agra can get hot during the day.
- Traffic: Be prepared for some traffic on the way, especially near Delhi.
- Photography: Don’t forget your camera or smartphone to capture the beauty of the Taj Mahal and other landmarks.
- Food: Try some local delicacies in Agra, especially the famous Agra Petha.
- Respect: While visiting monuments, be respectful of their historical and cultural significance.
Remember that the Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays. Plan your trip accordingly to make the most of your visit.
Agra’s historical treasures, including the Taj Mahal, will leave you awestruck with their beauty and grandeur. Enjoy your gurugram to Agra trip and create cherished memories of this unforgettable experience!